anything related to poop. information, resources, you name it.

Moderators: wonderpance, ericb, daphne

Poop and Papaya

Postby PoopFreak on Aug 22 2007 7:31 am

Hie, I have noticed that when I eat papaya, I tend to get orange-reddish poop. Does this happen to anyone else? And also, does anybody know if the poop color changes from orange-reddish to dark red if the poop is let out to dry? I am concern that it might not be the papaya causing the dark red poop when it is dried. Thanks.
PoopFreak
baby go poo poo

Local time: Apr 24 2014 6:43 am

Re: Poop and Papaya

Postby GottaGoGirl on Aug 22 2007 10:23 am

PoopFreak wrote:... does anybody know if the poop color changes from orange-reddish to dark red if the poop is let out to dry?...

It depends on the method of the drying.

I have used the Ronco Food Dehydrator with some success. Works overnight.

But if you can't come by one of those, you can try laying the poop out on the sweater rack for your clothes dryer. Coupla hours on "low", et voila!

If your dryer is not so equipped as that, you'll have to resort to a good old-fashioned cookie-cooling rack in the bathtub.

Takes longer, but the results are acceptable.

Next up, tune in tomorrow to discuss the attributes of various shit-powdering methods, and the uses thereof.
GottaGoGirl
zen pooper (2000 flushes)

Local time: Apr 24 2014 3:43 am

Postby PoopFreak on Aug 22 2007 10:57 am

So from what I gather, poop does changes color if they are let out to dry? So it was possible that my orange-reddish poop to turn to dark red? I was afraid it was blood because the dried poop looked like dried blood :-?
PoopFreak
baby go poo poo

Postby doniker on Aug 22 2007 11:03 am

PoopFreak wrote:So from what I gather, poop does changes color if they are let out to dry?

Yes.

All the brown dogshit in my yard gets alot lighter in color after it gets dried out....but that is probably from the sun fading it.
doniker
überpooper
überpooper

Local time: Apr 24 2014 8:43 am

Postby PoopFreak on Aug 22 2007 11:42 am

[quote="doniker"]
All the brown dogshit in my yard gets alot lighter in color after it gets dried out....but that is probably from the sun fading it.[/quote]

Really?? i didn't know the sun could fade poop. So if we take out the sun factor, the poop gets darker?
PoopFreak
baby go poo poo

Postby GottaGoGirl on Aug 22 2007 9:21 pm

GottaGoGirl

Postby daphne on Aug 23 2007 3:13 am

Maybe it should be called poopaya.
The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
daphne and GatorX
RIP Frederick
http://www.daphneszoo.com/
Daphne is the Proud sponsor/corrupter of Mrs. Mad Crapper
daphne
überpooper, moderator, 2005 PoopReporter of the Year, and official site post whore
überpooper, moderator, 2005 PoopReporter of the Year, and official site post whore

Location: Washington state, in the middle of the woods in a house with three toilets. Life ain't half bad.

Postby Fudgepump on Aug 24 2007 2:21 pm

Be NICE, G3...("Ronco food dehydrator"...fishing pole...stop, now).

Poopaya...crapples...buttnana...lavacado...stop me before I pun again.

Seriously though, PoopFreak. It's good that you're alert to the look of your loaf. If the only time you notice alarming color is in connection with a certain food - no worries. Internal bleeding far upstream in your piping would result in very dark bungberries (the blood turns dark, even black, from the digestive process).

Blood leaking from somewhere that's closer to the fudgeport would remain bright red, probably showing up as streaks within the nuggets - I doubt you'd mistake it for anything else.
Fudgepump
skidless pooper

Postby PoopFreak on Aug 24 2007 11:30 pm

[quote="Fudgepump"] Internal bleeding far upstream in your piping would result in very [i]dark[/i] bungberries (the blood turns dark, even black, from the digestive process).

Blood leaking from somewhere that's closer to the fudgeport would remain bright red, probably showing up as streaks within the nuggets - I doubt you'd mistake it for anything else.[/quote]

So IF assuming i was bleeding near the fudgeport, the bright red blood could still be seen in the poop at least a couple of days after i first noticed it right? Or could it be that even i was bleeding somewhere, it will just dissapear the next day?

p/s: poopaya was cute though...
PoopFreak
baby go poo poo

Postby Fudgepump on Aug 25 2007 4:50 am

I think I know where you're coming from here, PF, and I'm gonna tell you something you probably don't want to hear: if you suspect that you might be having blood products appearing in the bowl with your dumplings, you really should have a doctor check you out.

I know...I know...it's scary, but trust me. Blood from the butt is nothing to mess with, and 99 times out of a 100 it's no big deal (a little broken blood vessel that popped from a big dump, or a little stretch or tear in the musculature of the o-ring or some other relatively benign cause). Sometimes, once you have a minor deal like that it gets reaggravated every time you squat, so it never gets a chance to repair itself.

Have your nether region checked out and put your concerns to bed, so you can drop the kids at the pool worry-free.
Fudgepump
skidless pooper

Postby Coprologist on Sep 01 2007 8:51 am

I had a nasty scare about bright red turds only a couple of weeks ago. I thought: This is either very serious or a recurrence of my bleeding hemorrhoids. But 24 hours earlier, I had eaten quite a lot of homegrown beetroot. The next day my turds were a normal shit-color.
A fart is the cry of an imprisoned turd.
Coprologist
skidless pooper

Postby doniker on Sep 01 2007 9:01 am

I have bright red in my shit whenever I eat alot of red peppers.

Dark red or black shit indicates blood in stool.
doniker
überpooper
überpooper

Local time: Apr 24 2014 8:43 am

Postby in the bushes on Sep 03 2007 12:04 pm

I have heard that eating a whole beet will have a similarly alarming effect. Myself, I hate beets.
in the bushes
skidless pooper

Postby daphne on Sep 03 2007 6:31 pm

I used to eat beets as a kid just to get the pink pee. After the first time it happened and my mom explained it, the whole concept was wonderful! Imagine eating things that make your output look like Kool Aid.....
The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
daphne and GatorX
RIP Frederick
http://www.daphneszoo.com/
Daphne is the Proud sponsor/corrupter of Mrs. Mad Crapper
daphne

Location: Washington state, in the middle of the woods in a house with three toilets. Life ain't half bad.

Return to general poop

• VISITORS