anything related to poop. information, resources, you name it.

Moderators: wonderpance, ericb, daphne

Pale tan poop

Postby dcm202 on Oct 17 2008 8:04 pm

Hi fellow poop reporters!

Let me get a couple facts out of the way first

I'm lactose intolerant, buy eat dairy with lactaid pills usually without issue
I think I may have IBS, the kind with both contipation and diarrhea.

Today I went to poop. It was a great poop, a big poop. Just about the right consistency, maybe slightly on the soft side, but not by much. When I was done I looked at my poop and it was a pale tan color, exactly like the inside of a Reeses Pieces candy. This freaked me out. Now here's the thing...Wed. night I went a little nuts and ate three packages of Reeses Pieces. So I'm thinking that could be it, but could it? It wasn't just streaked with the pale tan, it was fully that color. I Googled and learned it could be something with my gal bladder or liver, but I dunno, it's so sudden. How many of these poops should I take before I go to the doctor? Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks
dcm202

Local time: Jul 23 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Pale tan poop

Postby daphne on Oct 17 2008 10:30 pm

Welcome to PR!

There have been many people who report weird color poops after eating too much of one thing on this site, so it might just have been the peanut butter. If it's your gall bladder, you will have cramps and pain, also. Have you had any other physical symptoms besides the weird colored poop?

Besides, I was under the assumption that Reese's Pieces are actually lactose-free. Have you ever researched this?
The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
daphne and GatorX
RIP Frederick
http://www.daphneszoo.com/
Daphne is the Proud sponsor/corrupter of Mrs. Mad Crapper
daphne
überpooper, moderator, 2005 PoopReporter of the Year, and official site post whore
überpooper, moderator, 2005 PoopReporter of the Year, and official site post whore

Location: Washington state, in the middle of the woods in a house with three toilets. Life ain't half bad.
Local time: Jul 23 2014 3:10 pm

Postby dcm202 on Oct 17 2008 10:44 pm

Hi and thanks for the welcome Daphne!

I have had no other symptoms whatsoever, just the pale poop. I suppose that's a good sign. I haven't done any real research other than googling 'pale poop'. To be honest I didn't read the ingredients, but I know from Wikipedia that Reeses Pieces are actually made with a fudge flavoring called "Penuche" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penuche) which contains dairy.
I guess I'll just watch my poop closely over the next few days and see how it goes. And since this is the only forum I won't get kicked off of for talking about my poop in detail I'll share with yall too :)

Thanks very much for the response.
dcm202

Postby dcm202 on Oct 17 2008 11:39 pm

Well I just pooped again (I pooped a lot today) and my poop is getting darker. It's not back to normal yet, but it's getting there. I feel so relieved! I was really worried lol.
And it looks like we've discovered another food that can change your poop color. How cool!
dcm202

Postby prarie doggin on Oct 18 2008 7:54 am

I've crapped more colors than a large box of Crayolas, and I'm still alive. Get on with life.
prarie doggin
überpooper and, more importantly, 2009 PoopReporter of the Year
überpooper and, more importantly, 2009 PoopReporter of the Year

Local time: Jul 23 2014 5:10 pm

Postby phatmanxxl on Oct 19 2008 12:30 am

Ive pooped mulit colored plopers, im so talented. :D
The self proclaimed poopmaster
phatmanxxl
practiced pooper

Local time: Jul 23 2014 10:10 pm

Postby KAKaPOOpoo on Oct 22 2008 3:53 am

I get pale brown poops if I've been eating a lot of breads and cereals.
KAKaPOOpoo
baby go poo poo

Local time: Jul 23 2014 3:10 pm

Return to general poop

• VISITORS